Zbigniew Maciej Szymik
managing director, managing partner, tax advisor
Economist and tax advisor with more than 20 years’ experience, providing regular service to business entities. Specializes in indirect tax and cost optimization in businesses operating in SME sector. His thorough knowledge of taxes is combined with the in-depth knowledge of accounting problems.
For over 20 years he has been supporting entrepreneurs as the owner of the Accounting Office and the Tax Advisory Office in Zbrosławice, and for the last 18 years, also as a partner in the companies which form GLC.
He is a co-founder of LAW Leader – the first multidisciplinary company formed in Poland by lawyers and tax advisors.
University of Economics in Wroclaw
Actively participates in the work of the professional bodies of tax advisors
- Vice-Chairman of the National Council of Tax Advisors of the 5th term (since 2018)
- Member of the State Examination Board for Tax Advisors at Ministry of Finance (2014-2018)
- Judge in the Higher Disciplinary Court (2014-2018)
- Member of the National Council of Tax Advisors of the 3rd term, Chairman of the Council Commission for the Development and Promotion of the Tax Advisor Profession (2010-2014)
- Chairman of the National Council of Tax Advisors (2007-2010)
- Member of the National Council of Tax Advisors of the 2nd term, Chairman of the Ethics Committee, Secretary
- Treasurer of the Silesian branch of the National Chamber of Tax Advisors (2002-2006)
- Member of the organizational committee of the First National Congress of Tax Advisors (2002)
Maciej is co-author of Commentary on Tax Advisory Act published by Wolters Kluwer Poland, and has authored numerous articles on tax consulting and tax law.
For many years, in cooperation with the Youth Forum at Regional Chamber of Commerce in Katowice, he has conducted training seminars for young entrepreneurs in the field of tax law and accounting. He provides training for tax advisors in the field of tax and work organisation at the accounting office, marketing the tax advisory services and liability insurance. He also lectures regularly at SGH in Warsaw and at the University of Economics in Katowice on tax consulting in Poland.
Mountain climbing and traveling in Asia. His motivation for travels is curiosity of people, their culture and cuisine. Another huge passion are new technologies.